Wednesday, July 21, 2010

planning, packing, and praying!

we will officially be on vacation starting friday...YAY! the idea of a break is a very welcome thought in my crazy mind as of lately. it is always really fun to plan on where you are going, what you are gonna do and how much fun there is to be had but the least fun part is planning on what all you have to pack, stressing over what you are forgetting and least of all the actual agonizing details of packing its self. i just happen to be one of those people who thinks too much, about everything, and when it comes down to packing... i completely stress myself out! i tend to pack everything we own... just in case, but somehow in trying to prevent leaving something at home that we may unexpectedly need, i end up leaving something important like underwear... well maybe not underwear but something important none the less. being the planner that i am packing should be a breeze, but somehow i end up making it a week long process that drives me insane. i have tried to simplify my preparation, i have tried to pack less, just wash clothes while we are there, etc but i have found that this route actually drives me even crazier because the thought that i "may" have forgotten something is so much worse than obsessively over packing. at any rate i keep making myself crazy with this... writing lists, running back and forth to the store, and quizzing my poor husband on anything that he can think we might "need"... its completely ridiculous... now i am even putting off my packing by blogging... bad excuse but even as i am writing i am thinking about what i need to be doing and what i am forgetting... that should tell me that maybe i need to stop randomly mulling over my packing/planning habits and just do it... yes, i should do it. so, here i go to over think things and spend a wonderful day planning and packing myself into the loony bin... but it will so be worth it when we hit the road! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment